Our consultants are highly qualified statisticians, expert in a range of analysis areas. A representative range of areas are:
- Basic statistical models and testing e.g. Generalized Linear Models (GLMs), simple non-parametric methods.
- More advanced variants: Generalized Additive Models (GAMs), non-linear regression.
- Sampling design and optimisation.
- General multivariate probability models: Copulas and the Iman-Conover method.
- Surface smoothing: multidimensional splines (e.g. TPS, penalised TPRS, geodesic smoothing), kriging.
- Solutions for difficult data: imputation, ridge and principal components regression.
- Repeated measures: Generalized Linear/Non-linear Mixed Models, Generalized Estimating Equations (GEEs).
- Multivariate methods e.g. dimension reduction (PCA, MDS etc), multivariate tests.
- General optimisation: supply chain, delivery routes, linear/non-linear optimisation.
- General model selection: optimising model complexity – all possible subsets, standard step methods, AIC/QIC/BIC, k-fold CV, lasso, etc.
- Datamining: analysis of large datasets, predictive models for classification (e.g. fraudulent transactions, churn, network faults), tree-methods, boosting (incl. gradient boosting), market-basket, neural networks etc.
- Computer intensive methods: bootstrapping, cross-validation, randomisation/permutation testing.
- Bayesian inference.